Honestly, however you pack has to work for you. Because everyone is different, there is not one tried and true way to pack.
One thing I always do is start with a few good lists. One for clothes, one for all other items, one for last minute items and one as I pack each suitcase.
My clothing list consists of activity, each person’s outfit and PJs, miscellaneous items and accessories and a column to check for socks and underwear for each person. Writing it out by hand helps calm me down from my usual pre-trip anxiety.
I also create a list for which items are in my checked luggage, in case a bag happens to get lost, stolen are delayed. I send a picture of this to myself.
When it comes to what actually goes into the bag, that depends on what kind of trip we go on. When we flew to Arkansas via 36 hours in Denver, my husband and I shared a carry-on for 5 days. Going to Scotland for 10 Days we each checked a bag and had a carry-on. It’s all up to you and what you feel like lugging around.
Less is more.
- Less is more freedom.
- Less is more mobility.
- Less is more thrilling.
- Less is more bragging rights.
- Less is more kind to your back.
- Less is more blending in. Nothing screams tourist like someone lugging their huge suitcases through the train station.
- Less is more awareness and safety. You are a lot less likely to be targeted for theft when you have less baggage.
- Less is more time saved not wanting for a checked bag.
- Less is more money saved if your checked bag isn’t included in a ticket.
- Less is more creativity needed when packing.
- Less is more organization when packing.
- Less is more time spent packing your bag.
- Less is more restrictions on what you can and cannot bring.
- Less is more time spent doing laundry during your trip.
- Less is more frustration when you don’t feel like wearing anything you brought with you.
It all comes down to your individual packing and travel style! If you want tips on how to pack less for your trip, follow my blog! That post will be coming soon!
Great idea about sending yourself a list of what was in your luggage in case it gets lost!
I make lists of what to pack too even if it just for a quick trip somewhere , it help puts my anxiety to rest.
LikeLiked by 1 person